CMT (Construction Materials Technician)
TD&H is seeking a well-rounded candidate to join our Watford City, ND office. Your assignments will cover a wide range of services and experience can be gained in many areas of Civil Engineering and Surveying. As a technician, you will learn and perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt. On-site materials testing is conducted on various commercial, industrial, and transportation construction projects located throughout the Watford City area and Montana.
Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift at least 75 pounds. The successful candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands, climb or balance, and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, work may be on uneven terrain, at varying heights, in confined spaces, or in supported trenches.
- Perform field density testing of soils
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
- Prepare daily reports
- Provide effective communication with project managers, contractors, and staff to ensure specifications are followed
- Perform routine sampling and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt and assist with more complex tasks, as required
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical concepts
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Related work experience in materials testing or construction
- Current Nuclear Gauge Training
- Current ACI Certification
- Surveying, Drafting, Environmental, and/or Industrial Hygiene Experience
- A strong safety focus and attention to detail
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- Physically fit for job demands
- Reside or able to find housing within 30 miles of Watford City, ND
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and email communication
To apply, send an email with resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not call with inquiries. This position will be open until filled.
TD&H is an award-winning consulting engineering firm offering a full range of services throughout Montana, Washington, Idaho, North Dakota and Pennsylvania. We serve a diverse clientele ranging from individuals and rural water districts to large corporations in populous cities. We assist our clients through all phases of their projects, beginning with concept development through construction completion. TD&H has been satisfying clients since its incorporation in 1965 and has built an impressive resume of successful projects. TD&H strives to provide innovative engineering solutions to challenging technical problems by assigning professionals who understand the issues and deliver results. We place a high priority on service and measure our success in terms of each client’s success.
TD&H offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays. TD&H is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.