TD&H Engineering is seeking a marketing professional to join our team-oriented marketing group. The Marketing/Proposal Coordinator is a key position supporting TD&H Engineering’s continued growth and strategic business development.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the AEC industry or other professional services environment. This position will work with a variety of staff – engineers, planners, architects and technical experts – to support the marketing team with proposals, qualification packages, award submittals, resumes, project descriptions and data management. We are looking for an energetic, motivated candidate with strong people skills and excellent writing and communication skills to support our fast-paced workflow.
This position will help support the marketing team through managing tracking systems, leading or supporting the proposal process and other as-needed duties. The ideal candidate is described below. If you fit many, but not all, of the job requirements you are encouraged to apply.
- Understand the proposal development process.
- Knowledgeable in the use of publicly available information sources; able to effectively conduct market research to support the TD&H Engineering Discipline Groups.
- Assist with developing best practices and process improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with company service offerings and experience as it relates to TD&H’s client base.
- Coordinate and/or assist with qualifying pursuits and Go/No Go decision making.
- Lead searches to discover new opportunities for the firm; maintain pursuit documentation and be actively engaged in strategy development for assigned pursuits.
- Actively manage the proposal process from start to finish; apply marketing best practices to improve the quality and efficiency of response.
- Provide storyboarding and message development for pursuits.
- Develop and standardize formats of all proposals of the firm.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of qualification materials including project descriptions, resumes, experience matrices/overviews, capability statements, etc.
- Write non-technical text, edit and proofread all marketing communications. Provide the team with a clear definition of proposal content, assignments and production schedule.
- Manage multiple concurrent proposals and activities for each including assembling internal team, scheduling and facilitating milestone review meetings, directing and assuring follow up actions, and producing final submittals.
- Be responsible for timely production and quality of marketing communications.
- Evaluate technical content to ensure RFP requirements and evaluation criteria are met and proposal is compliant. Track amendments and clarifications to ensure that the final proposal incorporates all required information.
- Ensure quality, budget, and schedule performance of proposal efforts.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and marketing material in preparation for client interviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generate sales materials, information, knowledge, and best practices company-wide.
- Prepare computer graphics for brochures, ads, company functions, and coordinate with in-house media division for branding consistency.
- Develop and coordinate placement of advertising materials as requested.
- Coordinate firm attendances of trade shows (booth), maintain consistency of booth look company-wide, and update booth materials as needed.
- Coordinate purchase and distribution of firm holiday gifts internally and to clients.
- Coordinates firm events for local office.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of marketing related experience, prefer experience within the A/E industry.
- Must exhibit proficient technical computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented professional with ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, can-do attitude, flexible, and team-oriented personality is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (grammar, technical writing).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work cooperatively with diverse teams and personalities; comfortable working with remote team members.
- Must have advanced knowledge of proposal layout and design principles.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Be a professional and ethical role model.
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business administration, or related field is preferred.
- Experience in consulting industry business development is ideal.
- Formal training in a recognized sales process, such as Miller-Heiman or Shipley is desirable.
- Experience or education in Human Resources a plus.
At TD&H, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate to make great things possible. Join a dynamic team of individuals at TD&H. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. Our most valuable asset here at TD&H is our employees. At TD&H we strive to provide employees with challenging and rewarding work in a positive and professional work environment.
United States, Montana, Great Falls
Other locations will be considered for the right candidate willing to work at one of our branch offices.
Full-time, may require irregular and overtime hours at times to meet deadlines.
TD&H Engineering is an employee-owned, mid-sized, civil/structural engineering firm with offices located in Montana, Idaho, Washington, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401k with employer match, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), and end-of-year performance bonuses. These additional benefits are dependent upon success of company each year, however statistics show TD&H is trending above market averages. There are also opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.
The salary range for this position is set at $35,000 to $55,000 and the final rate will depend upon qualifications and experience. TD&H is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, candidates must send an email with a cover letter answering the following questions, a resume of experience, and up to three writing/proposal examples to email@example.com. Please do not call with inquiries. This position will be open until filled.
- Tell us about your previous experience and how it is applicable to this marketing/proposal coordinator position?
- What is the most unique skill you will be bring to the position?
- What is your required or preferred location of employment?
Posted on September 4, 2019