Professional Land Surveyor (PLS)
The Great Falls office has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Professional Land Surveyor. We have been around since 1965 and serve a diverse clientele from our nine offices in Montana, Idaho, Washington, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. The position offers a great variety of work and the atmosphere in the office is energetic, fun, and extremely rewarding.
Qualifications and Job Duties:
- Minimum 3 years of field survey experience or surveying degree.
- Licensed Land Surveyor preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in land surveying a plus.
- Must have a certification as a Land Surveyor Intern (L.S.I.) or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Operation of Trimble GNSS as well as conventional and robotic equipment.
- Construction layout, site topography surveys, and property boundary surveying.
- Process survey data using Trimble Business Center and Carlson Survey and Civil 3D.
- Experience in control, topographic, and construction staking preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work with multiple clients, and on multiple projects.
- Ability to think through problems, break down tasks, and prioritize work.
- Physically able to work outdoors during all local weather conditions.
- Must be capable of independent work times, communicate with clients, and regularly collaborate with coworkers including engineers and other professionals.
- Attention to detail and drive to achieve quality work is important.
- AutoCAD skills are desirable.
We encourage excellence by providing interesting projects, promoting professional development, and encourage long-term employment through competitive compensation, awesome benefits, and flexible work schedules.
- 401K with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- End of year performance bonuses
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Extended Leave Bank (ELB) accrual