Have you met Mary Barfield? She’s quite the traveler! She responded to a job listing on Craigslist when the Great Falls office was searching for a new structural engineer to round out their team. She has had the opportunity to work remotely for a brief period and is now in the Media, Pennsylvania office. She came back this fall from an Eastern Mediterranean cruise with her family and when asked about it she told us “It was AWESOME!”
Her previous work history has been anything but dull. Before her time at TD&H, Mary was deployed to Afghanistan as an Air Force civil engineer in 2006. While there, she worked with military and local engineers and contractors to design and construct facilities and infrastructure on the Air Force Base.
What are her thoughts on TD&H…..glad you asked!
• Three words to describe TD&H? Solid Engineering Firm
• What do you find most challenging at TD&H? I work on a variety of projects so I constantly need to be learning something new.
• What’s your favorite part about working for TD&H? The fast-paced work variation – it seems like I am always moving on to a new project.
• How do you balance your career at TD&H, education and family? Currently I am working part-time which allows me more time with my family.
A few more tidbits about Mary…
• Favorite movie line? So you’re telling me there’s a chance? (Dumb and Dumber)
• One beer for the rest of your life…what would it be? Blue Moon
• What do you like to do on your days off? Running and swimming
• First Concert? I think I saw Garbage in 1998.
• Best advice you’ve ever been given? Invest your money early.
Posted on February 13, 2017