Employee Spotlight: Ruth Tuss
Great Falls, MT Office
- How did you first learn about TD&H?
“I remember hearing about TD&H when I was a drafter in high school & always wanted to work here.”
- What is your role at TD&H?
“Cad Drafter – do mostly structural drafting using Acad & Revit and I also keep track and update all the borders and our logo in Cad and Revit and all the cad standard details.”
- Before working at TD&H, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
“For unusual – I worked for a company out on Finley Point by Polson, MT – started as a drafter – but then ended up doing assembly work (building our product we designed & dipping our product we made in nasty liquid that turned into a rubber protective sleeve), and by the end I was doing taxes and working in the office.”
- What are 3 words to describe TD&H?
“Relaxed – Growing – Expanding.”
- What do you find the most challenging at TD&H?
“Trying to keep up and learn new features and how to use them with our cad programs.”
- What do you like most about TD&H?
“The flexibility and the friends I have made while being here.”
- What drew you to TD&H originally? And how has TD&H changed since?
“As I said before – I wanted to work here since I was in high school – I got my first job here at TDH right after I graduated from college – then moved away & then Tom Coffman recruited me to come back to work when he heard I was going to be moving back to town. A lot has changed since I started almost 20 years ago – We have gotten bigger – added new offices and office buildings & more people, things have changed on how we do things in our daily jobs and sadly, we’ve lost some great co-workers that passed way too soon.”
- What is your favorite part about working for TD&H?
“The flexibility and being able to use my college degree doing what I enjoy.”
- How do you balance your career at TD&H, education and family?
“TD&H is great about helping us work around crazy schedules that pop up in our daily lives. I have been able to go to a few conferences thru work to help me learn more about Acad & Revit & I am constantly trying to teach myself more as well. My husband works for TD&H also so that part of the family balances pretty easily.”
- Any favorite line from a movie?
“ ‘Nobody puts Baby in a corner’ – Dirty Dancing”
- What do you like to do on your days off?
“I love to go camping, bowling, golf when I can, play cards, stamp & make cards & spend as much time as I can with my grandbabies & family.”
- What is the first concert you attended?
“Skid Row – Aerosmith”
- If you could be stuck in an elevator with any 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be?
“If I had to be – My grandma Margaret, Dale Jr, Steve Perry.”
- Best advice you’ve ever been given?
“Honesty is the best medicine.”